Pig Feet (1)
-- Serve with
- Wash PIG FEET well. If not already done, split in half
lengthwise (see Note-1). Put in a pot with water to
cover well and bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Pour them out in the
sink and rinse. Clean the pot and return the pig feet to it. Pour
in enough cold water to cover the pig feet well.
- Trim LEEKS to white and light green parts and cut into chunks.
Cut CARROTS into 1 inch lengths. Dice Turnip about 3/4
- Put everything except Finish items in the pot with the pig feet.
Add cold water to cover if needed and bring back to a boil. Set to simmer
slowly until the pig feet have 3 hours total cooking time.
- Pull Pig Feet from the pot, drain and cool enough to handle
but not cold. Remove all the bones working from the cut side.
- Melt 1-1/2 oz Butter. In a bowl, tumble Pig Feet with the
Butter until coated. Then roll them in Bread crumbs to coat on
- Grill or Broil Pig Feet until golden brown on all sides.
- Melt 2 oz Butter. Arrange hot Pig Feet on a heated
platter and drizzle with hot butter. Serve hot with Mustard.
- Alternate: Take the pig feet from the broiler or
grill and let cool, then refrigerate until very firm so they slice
- Slice to the thickness you desire (1/2 inch or thicker). Place in a
pan or on foil in a 400°F/200°C oven until nicely hot. Arrange
on a heated platter and serve with Mustard.