White Beans (1)
Paprika, hot (3)
Olive Oil, ExtV
PREP - (10 hrs - 25 min work)
RUN - (40 min)
- Soak WHITE BEANS with 1/2 T Salt (yes, salt) and water to
cover, 8 hours or overnight.
- Simmer Beans in water to cover until just tender through,
then drain. They'll get at least another 20 minutes of cooking (see
- Crush GARLIC and chop coarse. Chop ONION small.
- Peel POTATOES and cut into about 1/2 inch dice. Hold in
cold water until needed.
- In a spacious coverable sauté pan or similar, place
1-3/4 c Water, the Onion mix, Potatoes,
Bay Leaf, Paprika, Salt, Olive Oil and
Beans. Bring to a boil, cover tightly and simmer about 10
minutes. Note: if your Beans seem a little too soft, put them
in with the rice instead of here.
- Stir in Rice and simmer covered until rice is fully cooked,
about 20 minutes. Note: the dish should not be dry, still a
little soupy when the rice is done. Adjust as needed by simmering
with the lid off or adding boiling water as needed.
- Serve hot. Note: if this dish needs to be re-heated,
reheat covered in a 300°F/150°C oven. It'll be a little
drier, but still good.