Olive Oil ExtV
Almond Butter (4)
Prep - (30 min)
Run - (45 min)
- Chop MUSHROOMS small,
- Chop ONION fine. Slice GARLIC thin. Mix.
- Cover the PORCINI with boiling water and set aside until
well softened. Chop small and return to the liquid.
- Chop PARSLEY small.
- If using, peel POTATOES and dice about 1/2 inch or even
smaller. Put in a pan with water to cover. Bring to a boil and
simmer until potatoes are just done through. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan large enough for the recipe, heat Olive Oil and
fry Onion mix, stirring over moderate heat until very lightly
- Stir in fresh Mushrooms and fry stirring over moderate
heat until liquid exuded by Mushrooms has evaporated (they will
start sticking to the pan at this point).
- Stir in , Porcini (including liquid) and Sherry.
Bring to a boil, then simmer slowly for 5 minutes. Let cool a little.
- Run Mushroom mix in a food processor until quite smooth.
Return to the pan.
- Stir in Stock, a little at a time to start to avoid lumps,
then all of it. Stir in Thyme. Bring to a simmer for about
- A little at a time, stir some hot soup into Almond Butter
until it is smooth and quite liquid (about as much soup as there is
Almond Butter). Stir into the soup. Season with Salt and
- Bring to a simmer, carefully because it can easily boil over at
this point. Simmer about 5 minutes or so - or, if using,
stir in cooked Potatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes.
Adjust liquid as needed.
- Fish out the Thyme Sprigs and stir in Parsley. Give it
another minute simmering and then serve hot.