Bell Pepper, green
Olives, Black (2)
Mussel Meats (3)
Squid, small (4)
Baby Eels (opt) (5)
Olive Oil ExtV
Make - (4 hrs+ - 1 hr work)
- Break CAULIFLOWER into small florets. Weight is for
florets only with no thick stems. Bring water to a full boil in
your steamer and steam Cauliflower until just barely done -
that'll be about 6 minutes max. Do not overcook! Refresh with
cold running water, drain and place in a mixing bowl.
- Dice BELL PEPPER about 3/8 inch. Dice TOMATO just a
little larger. Chop SCALLIONS small. Mix all with
- Sliver ONION very thin (cut diagonally, but more lengthwise
than crosswise). Mix with Cauliflower.
- Crush GARLIC and chop very fine. Add to Cauliflower.
- Pit OLIVES and cut into about 3 pieces each. Mix with
- Chop DILL small. Mix with Cauliflower.
- cut SQUID into salad size pieces, usually rings.
- Bring 6 cups Water to a boil with 1/2 T Lemon Juice and
1/2 t Salt. Dump in the Mussels for about 2 minutes. Scoop
out and let cool. Dump the Squid into the boiling water and
cook 2 minutes, no more or you'll end up with rubber squid.
Drain and refresh under cold running water. Caution:
if using tentacles, cook them after scooping out the squid tubes
or the purple skin will discolor them.
- When cool, add the Mussels and Squid to the
- Open cans of Baby Eels and drain well. Add to the
- Mix all Dressing Items in a small jar that can be shaken
- A few hours before serving, vigorously shake up the Dressing
and pour over the Salad. Tumble gently and Refrigerate until
- Serve cool.