Fermented Tofu (2)
Prep - (20 min)
RUN - (8 min)
- Get a big pot of Water on the stove, bringing it to a boil.
- Cut off the bases of the SPINICH bunches to free the leaves.
Float wash leaves in a sink full of water, and spin dry in a salad
spinner. For any leaves greater than 4 inches long, cut 3 inches
from the bottom of the stem. Include stems with leaves. If using
the large Taiwan spinach, cut into 3 inch lengths and split large
greens in half, then wash and spin.
- Stir Spinach into the pot of rapidly boiling water, just
long enough for the leaves to wilt. This will be less than 1 minute.
Pour into a strainer and drain well.
- Slice GINGER crosswise very thin. Cut the slices into very
thin slivers, then cut the slivers very fine crosswise.
- Mash FERMENTED TOFU Blocks with the Sugar. Work in
enough of the juice from the jar to get a consistency about like
- In a wok, heat Oil. Stir in Ginger and fry stirring
until it is aromatic.
- Stir in Fermented Tofu mix until it comes to a boil, then
stir in Spinach. Fry stirring until it is fully hot and
well mixed with the sauce. It will exude some water to lighten the
sauce. Do not add Salt, the Tofu provides plenty.
- Serve hot, or at least warm. You can scoot the spinach out of the
wok into a small covered saucepan and keep it warm over minimum
heat until needed.