Shaoxing Greens (1)
Prep - (12 min)
RUN - (30 min)
- Rinse SHAOXING GREENS, then pour Boiling Water over
them and let them soak until softened, 5 minutes or so. Strain out
reserving the soaking liquid. If your greens are a bit
stringy, mound them on your cutting board. Make 3 cuts through in
one direction, then 3 cuts at 90°. Shorter pieces will blend
better with the Potatoes.
- Peel POTATOES and cut into chunks a little less than 1/2
inch thick and around 1 inch on a side (see Note-2).
Hold in cold water until needed.
- Slice SCALLIONS very thin, Green part only - use the white
part for something else.
- Drain Potatoes very well.
- Make sure your reserved Soaking Liquid is 1-1/2 cups,
add a little more boiled water if needed.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan heat Oil. Stir in
Potatoes and fry tumbling until well coated with oil,
about 1 minute.
- Stir in reserved Soaking Liquid and Salt. Bring to a
boil. Cover and simmer until Potatoes are just tender, about 20
- Turn up the heat and stir in soaked Shaoxing Greens for
about 30 seconds, check seasoning.
- Serve hot, garnished with Scallion Greens - see