Gai Lan (1)
Rice Wine (2)
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (10 min)
- Strip leaves and tender tops from GAI LAN. Cut leaves into
fairly large pieces. Split large stems in half lengthwise and cut all
(including leaf stems) to lengths of about 2 inches. Keep leaves and
- Crush GARLIC moderately and leave whole.
- Slice GINGER about 1/8 inch thick and whack the slices with
your kitchen mallet to bruise them well.
- Mix Stock, Rice Wine and Sugar.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan heat Oil and fry
Garlic stirring until lightly colored, then stir in
Ginger Slices and fry stirring on high heat for 30 seconds
- Dump in the Gai Lan Stems and fry stirring for about 2 minutes,
then stir in Gai Lan Leaves and fry stirring until coated with
- Pour in the Stock Mix. Bring to a boil and simmer covered over
moderately low heat just until stems are crisp tender (about 4 minutes).
The largest pieces should still have plenty of crunch.
- Stir in Oyster Sauce and Sesame Oil until well
distributed and turn off heat.
- Serve warm.