Egg Noodles (1)
Baby Corn Cobs
Chili Powder (2)
PREP - (40 min - 25 min work)
RUN - (15 min)
- Slice BEEF 1/4 inch thick and cut into narrow strips about
1-1/2 inches long. Bring some water to a boil over high heat and stir
in the beef. When it's back to a boil strain out the beef and rinse it.
This is to keep the soup clear.
- Crush GARLIC slice and chop fine. Chop SCALLIONS
small. Mix together all Marinade items and massage into
Beef. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes or more, turning
a couple of times.
- Bring plenty of water to a boil over high heat and stir in
Noodles for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Quench with cold
running water, drain well and set aside. I generally make several
knife cuts through the bunch to cut the noodles to a length easier
to handle with a spoon (or you could provide chopsticks along with
- Strip leaves and tender flower heads from BROCCOLI , tear into
soup size fragments and set aside. Slice stems diagonally starting about
1/4 inch thick at the thick end and increasing to 1 inch at the thin end,
keeping them separate from the leaves.
- Slice LEEK thin, Slice BABY CORN diagonally about 3/8
inch thick and mix with the Broccoli Stems.
- Bring Stock to a boil. Stir in Beef, including its
marinade. Stir in Broccoli Stems Mix, bring to a boil and
simmer for about 8 minutes, then add the Broccoli Leaves and
simmer another 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat up high and stir in Noodles and
Chili Powder. When back to boiling turn down to a simmer for
about 3 minutes.
- Check Salt to taste (amount depends on saltiness of stock)
and Serve hot.