Gluten Rolls (1)
Oil, deep fry
Bok Choy (2)
Prep (30 min)
RUN (15 min)
- Slice the GLUTEN ROLLS about 3/8 inch thick and deep fry them
until lightly browned - not too brown or they'll be tough.
- Place MUSHROOMS in a heatproof bowl and pour 1 cup of hot
water over them. Let them soak for 1/2 hour or so until softened.
Drain reserving soaking water and slice about 3/8 inch wide.
- Slice BAMBOO SHOOTS into strips about 1/2 to 3/4 inches wide
and a bit less than 1/4 inch thick.
- Rinse CHOY. Tear leaves into convenient pieces and slice the
stems diagonally about 3/4 inches wide. Keep leaves and stems separate.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan heat 1 T Oil and stir in
Choy stems. Fry stirring over high flame for about 3 minutes
until starting to soften a little, then stir in Choy Leaves until
wilted and coated with oil, about 1 minute. Turn off heat and scoop out
with a slotted spoon,
- Heat 1 T more Oil in the pan. Stir in Bamboo Shoots
and Mushrooms and fry stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in Fried Gluten, Mushroom Liquid and Soy
Sauce. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes
stirring a couple of times.
- Stir Choy back in, bring back to a simmer and simmer for
another minute or until choy stems are crisp tender.
- Serve hot with plenty of steamed long grain rice.