Beef lean (1)
Bean Threads (2)
Green Beans (3)
Rice wine (4)
Prep - (35 min - 20 min work)
RUN - ()
- Slice BEEF across the grain about 1/8 inch thick. Cut slices
into narrow strips between 1/8 and 1/4 inch wide. This is easier if
beef is chilled stiff in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Slice GINGER very thin and chop very fine. Mix all
Marinade items (I usually leave out the sugar) and massage
into Beef. Set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes,
turning once or twice.
- Soak BEAN THREADS in warm water for about 1/2 hour, drain and
- Tip and tail GREEN BEANS and cut into 2 inch lengths.
Parboil in boiling water until just tender, refresh in cold running
water and set aside.
- In a spacious sauté pan or wok heat 1-1/2 T Oil
very hot over high heat. At the first faint wisp of smoke stir in the
Beef. Fry stirring until all raw color is gone and exuded
liquid has evaporated. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and
- Add 1 T Oil to the pan. Heat and stir in Green Beans,
sprinkling with the Salt. Fry stirring over high heat for about
1-1/2 minutes, then stir in 1/4 c Stock and cook stirring
another 1 minute. Remove the beans from the pan with a slotted spoon
and mix with the beef.
- Stir another 1/4 c Stock into the pan, then the Bean
Threads. Cook stirring for about 2 minutes until heated through,
then scoop them out with a slotted spoon and arrange them on the
serving plate. Keep warm.
- Return the Beef mix to the pan and cook stirring on high heat
for about 15 seconds, then sprinkle the Rice Wine over. Toss
for a few seconds to blend flavors.
- Arrange the Beef mix and any remaining sauce on top of the
- Serve immediately.