Jellyfish Bell (1)
Black Fungus (2)
Red Chili (4)
Chingkiang Vinegar (5)
Sesame Oil, dark
Prep - (6-1/2 hours - 20 min work)
Run - (8 min)
- Prepare JELLYFISH. If you are fortunate enough to have
bought desalted jellyfish, just rinse. Otherwise, soak 6 hours or
overnight in the fridge, changing the water twice. If you are in
a hurry, an hour at room temperature with 4 or 5 changes of water
should do. Never use hot water.
- Drain Jellyfish and wring it out. Cut into strips about
1/4 inch wide and 2 inches long.
- Place Jellyfish in a cold saucepan. Pour in enough cold
Water to just cover well. Strain out the Jellyfish
and return the Water to the pan. Bring to a boil, turn off
the heat and let sit uncovered until water is about
190°F/90°C (about 2 minutes). Stir in Jellyfish for
just 30 seconds. Drain quickly and refresh with cold water.
Drain well and wring out.
- Soak BLACK FUNGUS in cool water for about 20 minutes. Remove
hard attach points and tear into strips.
- Slice CUCUMBER into thin juliennes 2 to 2-1/2 inches long.
Cap and core RED CHILI. Slice into very thin strips. Mix
both with drained Black Fungus.
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Mix together all
- Chop SCALLION and CILANTRO for Garnish. Mix.
- Keep everything well cooled.
- Wring any remaining water out of Jellyfish. Tumble with
- When ready to serve, pour in Dressing and tumble until
- Serve cold garnished with Scallion mix.