Honeycomb Tripe (1)
Onions, boiling (3)
- Wash TRIPE in several changes of water. Slice into narrow
strips about 2 inches long.
- Place Tripe and all Broth items into a pot, bring to
a boil and simmer until tripe is tender, about 3 hours.
- Peel ONION, split in half lengthwise and slice crosswise
about 1/4 inch.
- Peel Potatoes and slice less than 1/4 inch. Hold in cold
water until needed.
- Peel BOILING ONIONS - blanch in boiling water for 1 minute to
make this easier. Cut as little off the ends as possible so they hold
- Drain Tripe and rinse. Rinse pan and return tripe. Add
Milk, Sliced Onions and Potatoes. Season with
Salt and Pepper. Bring to a boil (watch carefully or
it'll boil over on you) cover and simmer over very low heat for 15
- Stir in Boiling Onions, break up the Potatoes a bit
more if they need it and continue to simmer covered until onions are
just tender - about 15 minutes. If you're using onion chunks instead,
give them a bit less time.
- Serve hot.