Parsley or Chives
- Peel POTATOES and dice about 1/2 inch. Hold in cold water
- Trim LEEKS down to the white, yellow and light green. Cut in
half lengthwise from just below the root to the top. Spread the leaves
and rinse well. Start at the top end slice them thin crosswise right
down to the root end (see
- Peel ONION, slice and chop small. Crush GARLIC and
chop small. Chop CELERY small, including some leaves. Add all
to the leeks.
- Heat Butter in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and fry
Leek mix over moderate heat, stirring often until soft but not
at all browned.
- Drain Potatoes and stir in along with Bay Leaf and
- Stir in Stock and Milk. Bring to a boil and simmer
until potatoes are quite tender, about 45 minutes.
- Separate out 1/2 c of Potatoes and set aside for texture. Run
everything else in a food processor until purée is fairly
- Pour purée and reserved potatoes back into the pot. Bring back
to a boil and stir in Salt and Pepper to taste. Add water
or stock if needed for consistency.
- Turn off heat and stir in Cream, Serve.