Prep - (45 min )
Run - (1-1/4 hr)
- Remove stems from KALE and cut into narrow strips. If
making quite a bit ahead, cut the Kale near serving time.
- Peel POTATOES and cut into about 1 inch cubes. Hold in
cold water until needed.
- Cut LINGUIÇA into about 3/8 inch disks. This is
easiest if the sausage is nearly frozen.
- Chop ONION small. Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Mix.
- Chop PARSLEY small.
- In a 3 quart sauce pan, heat Olive Oil and fry
Linguiça, stirring until lightly browned. Remove and
- Stir Onion mix into the oil and fry stirring until
- Stir in Potatoes and fry, tumbling often, for about 3
- Pour in Stock, bring to a boil, cover and simmer until
Potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove Potatoes. Set aside about 1
potato worth of chunks that are about 1/2 to 3/4 inch on a side.
Pass the rest through a Potato Ricer. Stir both back into the soup.
- Stir in Linguiça and Parsley. Bring to a boil
and simmer about 5 minutes. Season with Salt and
- Near serving time, bring soup back to a simmer and stir in
Kale. Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.