Beef "Pizzle" (1)
Calf Foot (2)
Lamb / Chicken (4)
-- Serve With
Do Ahead - (12 hrs - 20 min work)
Cook Meats - (2 hrs - 20 min work)
- Wash the PIZZLE and FOOT. Place them in a pot with
water to cover well. Bring to a boil for a couple of minutes. Pour
out into a clean sink. Wash the pot and rinse the meats well.
Return to the pot with water to cover and return to a boil.
- When boiling, transfer the Pizzle and Foot to a
slow cooker, and pour in the liquid. Set to High. When it starts
to bubble, set it to Low and let it cook for 10 hours until the
Pizzle is tender enough to eat. See also
- Fish Pizzle out of the Liquid and cut into serving pieces,
not much more than 1 inch long or they'll be difficult to handle.
Cut Calf Foot tendons (if you have removed them at 4 hours) and mix
in. Set aside.
- Strain the liquid, discarding all bones and mushy solids. Let
settle - then defat using your gravy separator. Hold Pizzle
Broth until ready to cook meat.
- Boil EGGS, peel and cool.
Vegies - (20 min)
- Cut BEEF into about 2 inch cubes. Remove excess fat from
LAMB. Place them in a pot with water to cover well. Bring
to a boil for a few minutes. Pour out into a clean sink. Wash
the pot and rinse the meats well.
- Return Meats to the pot. Pour in Pizzle Broth and
add cold Water to cover. Return to a boil and simmer until
meats are tender (1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hrs).
- Fish out the Meats and strip from any bones that were
- Strain the Broth and let settle - then defat using your
Final - (40 min)
- Peel POTATOES and TURNIP. Cut both into about 1
inch cubes, or as desired. Hold both in cold water until needed.
- Quarter ONIONS lengthwise and slice medium crosswise. Cut
CARROTS into 1 inch lengths and CELERYinto 1/2 inch
lengths. Mix all.
- Chop PARSLEY medium for Garnish.
- Drain Potato mix.
- In a 5 quart pot, place all Vegies and Rice. Pour
in the Combined Broth and 1 cup more Water for the
Rice. Bring to a boil and simmer until Potatoes are tender and Rice
cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Stir Meats and Pizzle mix. Season with Salt
and Oregano. Bring back up to a boil briefly and serve.
- Serve hot, with an Egg in each bowl along with Meats,
and plenty of Vegies and Broth. See
Serving for further details.