Pork Loin roast (1)
Olive Oil extV
Blood Orange (2)
Rosemary sprig (3)
Olive Oil extV
Wine, dry white
Prep - (40 min)
Run - (2-1/4 hrs)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C.
- Tie PORK LOIN into a neat roll to keep it from spreading out
while cooking. Place it in a flame resistant roasting pan and rub it
with 2T Olive Oil. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper
- Zest 3 BLOOD ORANGES using a vegetable peeler, taking as
little white as you can. Slice the peelings into narrow strips. Peel
ONION and cut into narrow wedges. Strip leaves from
ROSEMARY sprigs. Mix all with 1T Olive Oil.
- Squeeze Blood Oranges sufficient to yield 3/4 cup of juice.
Put juice in a sauce pan with White Wine and Stock.
Crush the Garlic Clove with the side of a knife and toss it in
too. Boil the liquid down just a little until the Sauce measures
about 1-1/4 cups.
- Arrange Onion Mix around the Pork Loin in the roasting
pan and roast in the oven at 450°F/230°C until Onion and Pork
are starting to brown - about 25 minutes.
- Pour in about 1/2 cup Sauce, baste Pork Loin with pan
juices, reduce oven temperature to 350°F/175°C and continue to
roast. Add more of the Sauce if needed to keep the onions
from burning. You want to achieve a temperature at the center of
155°F/68°C. This will be somewhere around an hour and a half.
- Place Pork Loin on a platter and cover with foil to
rest. The center temperature will continue to rise to about
- Place Roasting Pan over medium high heat. Add remaining
Sauce and reduce until slightly thickened.
- Remove strings from Pork Loin and slice into serving portions.
Place slices on a serving platter and pour Sauce / Onion Mix
over and around. Garnish with Orange Slices and/or Rosemary
Sprigs. Serve hot.