Mixed Seafood (1)
Anchovy fillets (2)
Olive Oil ExtV
Prep - (30 min (varies with seafood))
Run - (40 min)
- Cut SEAFOOD MIX as desired, but not too small - pieces should
be tasted individually.
- Chop ANCHOVIES medium and add to Seafood mix.
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Chop ONION fine. Mix.
- Peel TOMATOES and cut into chunks about 1/2 inch on a side.
- Chop PARSLEY and MINT. Mix.
- Grate PARMESAN and place in a small bowl.
- In a spacious sauté pan, heat Oil. Fry Onion mix
over moderate heat until translucent but not browned.
- Stir in Tomatoes and Salt. Fry stirring over moderate
heat until softened and much of the liquid has evaporated. Don't
over-reduce or the fresh tomato flavor will be lost.
- Stir in Wine and simmer down until you have a light sauce
consistency (you need it liquid enough to cook the seafood). Cover and
keep warm until pasta is nearly ready. If making
ahead this is where to stop.
- Cook Pasta in plenty of salted water the usual way. When just
done, drain (but not too dry) and return to the pan. Mix with a few
drops of Olive Oil to keep it from sticking together.
- When Pasta is nearly done, turn up heat under the sauce and stir in
the Seafood Mix. Cook stirring until just cooked through - about
2 minutes. Watch the thick end of your shrimp to judge doneness. Keep
in mind that mollusks like squid, octopus and sea snails get tough and
rubbery with much more cooking than that.
- Stir in Parsley mix and Pepper.
- With tongs, load Pasta onto individual plates (preferably
warm ones). Ladle sauce over. Serve immediately. Set out the
Parmesan in its bowl with a small spoon for serving.