Stock, light (1)
Chili Poblano (2)
can Black Beans
Enchilada Sauce (3)
Cheese, grated (4)
Prep (25 min)
Run (1-1/2 hr)
- Start RICE simmering slowly in 1-1/2 c Stock (brown rice
takes forever to cook).
- Peel ONION and chop medium coarse.
- Grind CUMIN SEEDS and PEPPERCORNS together.
- Blast CHILIS POBLANO with your butane blow torch and wipe off
the charred skin under running water. Cap, seed and dice about 1/2
- Crush GARLIC and chop medium. Dice CELERY (include
some tops if you can) and mix both with the Chilis.
- Peel TOMATOES and chop medium.
- Drain Black Beans and rinse. Drain Corn and mix with
- Grate CHEESE for garnish (if used).
- In a heavy bottomed pot heat Oil. and fry Onions stirring
until they are light golden.
- Stir in Cumin mix for just a few seconds until aromatic,
then stir in Chili / Garlic mix and fry stirring for another 2
- Stir in Tomatoes and fry stirring often until well softened.
- Stir in 1-1/2 c Stock, Bean mix and Rice (with
liquid). Adjust liquid if needed and Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10
- Season to taste with Enchilada Sauce and Salt. Simmer
20 minutes or until rice is soft.
- Cut Tortillas into small pieces. Steam until soft and stir
into the chili. Adjust liquid as necessary. Simmer another 5 minutes