Chili New Mex (2)
Oregano, Mex (3)
- Cut PORK into strips about 2 x 1 x 1/2 inch, or into cubes
about 1-1/2 inch or however you prefer.
- Cap CHILIS and crumble fairly fine, seeds and all. If they
are leathery, cut them into shreds with kitchen shears.
- Crush GARLIC and chop small. Add to Chilis, along with
Oregano, Water and Salt.
- In a sauce pan bring Chili mix to a boil and simmer slowly
about 45 minutes.
- If required or desired (this will depend a lot on the initial
condition of the chilis), run Sauce in a mini-prep food
processor or similar to the desired texture. By definition a caribe
sauce has texture rather than being smooth.
- Massage Sauce into the Pork. Marinade overnight in the
refrigerator (see Note-4).
- Preheat oven to 300°F/150°C.(see Note-5).
- Arrange Pork in a baking dish, cover and bake until pork
starts to fall apart (2 hours or so).
- Serve with plenty of warm tortillas, steamed rice, potatoes, or
whatever have you.