Tomato Clam Juice
Red Pepper flakes
Olive Oil, ExtV
- Debeard the MUSSELS and scrub thoroughly (if using live).
- Peel GARLIC and slice thin.
- Put White Wine, Tomato Clam Juice Cocktail, Garlic
and Red Pepper Flakes in a deep pot of sufficient size to easily
hold all the mussels and bring to a boil.
- Add MUSSELS and bring back to a boil. Cook until the mussels
have opened (discard any that don't open), remove them and keep them
- Remove the top half of the mussel shells and arrange the bottom half
on a serving platter. Keep warm until the sauce is ready.
- Strain the Liquid into a small saucepan, add the
Olive Oil and Black Pepper and simmer down to about
- Distribute a generous spoonful of sauce among the shells and serve.
- NOTE: you're going to have a lot of sauce left over - do
not discard. Use it as a dipping sauce for something, add it to
your next pasta sauce, put it on your breakfast scrambled eggs or
whatever you think of.