Bell Pepper strips
Building the Example
- Toast BREAD lightly and spread one side with MAYONNAISE.
- Tear LETTUCE into large hunks and place on the mayonnaise side
of one bread slice,
- Slice TURKEY BREAST thin and arrange on top of lettuce.
- Spread Mustard over turkey slices and sprinkle on a little
Pepper if desired.
- Slice ONION thin and arrange on top of turkey.
- Slice TOMATO thin and place on top of onion.
- Sprinkle Cilantro Leaves over Tomato.
- Cap with second slice of Bread, mayonnaise side down and squish
the sandwich lightly to settle the innards.
- Slice diagonally as shown or into triangles. Serve.
- Turkey Breast: You can slice it much thinner after
it has been refrigerated for a day. Slice on a double diagonal to get
slices with a large area (diagonal to the length and knife tilted).
- Turkey: It can be shredded rather than sliced, which
would allow use of darker meat as well as breast.
- Bacon: Cut into 1/2 strips and fry until lightly
crisp, keeping as flat as possible
- Cheese: You may want to leave the sandwich open, run
under the broiler to melt the cheese, then cap it with the second
slice of bread.
- Frying: Some sandwiches are made by buttering one
side of the bread and spreading mayonnaise on the other side. The sandwich is
assembled butter side out and fried in a pan, turning once.
- U.S. measure: t=teaspoon,
T=Tablespoon, c=cup, qt=quart, oz=ounce,
#=pound, cl=clove in=inch, ar=as required