Swiss Chard (1)
Poblano Chili (3)
Olive Oil ExtV
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (20 min)
- Tear green leaves from CHARD stems, into shreds of about 2
square inches or so. Slice the stems diagonally about 1/8 inch thick at
the big end gradually lengthening until the pieces are about 1 inch
long at the thin end. Keep leaves and stems separate.
- Slice MUSHROOMS about 1/8 inch thick. If large cut in half,
the the halves crosswise. If using a Portabella, slice and cut to
imitate regular mushroom slices.
- Char CHILIS POBLANO with your propane torch, and rub off
the skins under running water. Cut into fairly small dice.
- Crush GARLIC and chop small.
- Heat Olive Oil in a wok or spacious sauté pan. Fry
Garlic stirring until it just starts to color, then stir in
Mushrooms and Chard Stems, fry stirring over reduced
heat until mushrooms are softened through.
- Stir in Chard Leaves, all at once if you are using a big wok
or a handful at a time if you are using a sauté pan. When the
chard is wilted down a fair amount stir in Soy Sauce and
Stock. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chard
is tender but not mushy (about 5 minutes).
- Season with Salt and Pepper. Serve warm.