Pine Nuts (1)
Sage leaves, fresh
Parsley flat leaf
Italian Sausage (2)
-- If Dressing (3)
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Cut BREAD, including crusts, into 1/2 inch cubes. spread as a
single layer on baking sheets and put in the hot oven for 15 to 20
minutes or when lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Roast PINE NUTS until golden - 6 to 8 minutes.
- Chop ONIONS small.
- Dice CELERY into 1/4 inch cubes. Dice APRICOTS to
similar size and mix.
- Cut SAGE LEAVES in half lengthwise, then crosswise int 1/4 inch
lengths. Chop PARSLEY small. Mix.
- Break up SAUSAGE and fry stirring over moderate heat until
all raw color is gone. Strain out into a large mixing bowl leaving the
fat in the pan.
- Melt Butter in pan with fat. Stir in Onions and fry
over moderate heat stirring until onions are translucent. Stir in
Celery Mix and continue to fry stirring until celery is soft,
about 8 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except Stock.
Warm Stock and pour in a half cup at a time until bread is just
- IF STUFFING: Put in a large sauté pan and fry
stirring until it's as hot as you can handle it - then stuff turkey
just before it goes in the oven.
- IF DRESSING: Add a bit more stock until bread is quite
moist but not mushy.
- Beat Eggs and stir in.
- Butter a shallow baking dish, about 10 x 14 inches, and pour in
dressing mix. Bake at 375°F/190°C oven for about 30 minutes until